Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What is Veritas Blog?

Veritas Blog is about everything. It's about the truth that surrounds us in tiny pieces and slivers and glimpses. It's about the truth that saturates our relationships, our places and people and things. It's about exposing when and where this truth exists and claiming it, pointing to God as Creator of it.

In Velvet Elvis, author and pastor Rob Bell (let's get things off on the right foot) writes about the kavod of God, the "weight or significance" of His glory that completely surrounds us. Bell says everything is "drenched" with Jesus' presence and he mentions the words of David, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it". That's where we're going with this.

And not only is Veritas Blog about pointing out the everything and everywhere-ness of God, but it's about changing our thinking and perspective to include Him, more often. Yeah, it is about recognizing and claiming, but it's more about thanking Him or possibly even changing how we act or think. And if we allow Jesus to change how we act or think to include Him, more often, then we're slowly adding up to be more like He was and we're slowly adding up our impact to be more like His was. And that's a pretty big impact.

Like many budding writers, I want you to read my stuff. Even more so, I want you to read my stuff and think about it. Then I want you to comment about it, or tell your friends and family and cohorts your thoughts and where they can read about it and comment too. But in spite of my building ego and inflating weather-balloon- proportioned- head, there is something in my heart that quivers and makes my hands shake when I think about me writing and you reading. It's the thing that pops these thoughts in my head and shows me what I'm actually seeing when I look around. It's the driving force behind the equations and deductions, and it decides the outcome of my income (more on that later). To say these thoughts are not my own, but the Spirits' is a lie, and a bad one at that. I'm obviously not a psalmist (and I've been told that God's written revelation is complete), but to say that these thoughts are all mine would be taking too much credit.

So let's expose the truth (Veritas in Latin). Let's claim it as His and ours. Let's allow Him to saturate us and our everything.

Where do you see Truth?



No comments:

Post a Comment